Catch of the Day
Donated to and auctioned by A Taste of Tampa, April 2008.
It won the Critics Choice Award for the Glass/Ceramic category and was sold at auction for $260.00.
It was developed with a recycled theme. We have so much to use that is already in our possession. ‘Use it up, Wear it out, Make it do or do without’.
- tray – from Goodwill
- glass/mirror — donated between 1995-2006
- platter — church thrift store
- fish — photo from clip art
- purple-paper-pulp — from freezer from past paper making days [this was the 3D fish over which the photo was placed]
- painted w/ Black Gesso–90% off sale at craft/paint store
- silverware –church thrift store .. wired with donated wire & hand made glass beads from mosaic glass & sea shells [real shells]
- 2 things were brand new… the grout as I did not have a sanded ‘almond’ & the fish ‘eye’ was made from new glass for this piece
Detail of Fish
Detail of Knife on Plate
Donated to and auctioned by A Taste of Tampa, March 2007.